This page displays available business opportunities for American and Lesotho companies.
Available Contract Opportunities:
U.S. Embassy Maseru
The U.S. Embassy Maseru is inviting proposals for revamping of the American Corner outdoor space at the State Library – Kingsway Road. Please continue to read the following Solicitation Note and Solicitation Details below for further guidance:
- Solicitation Note (316 KB)
- Solicitation Details (2 MB)
- Note: Deadline for submissions is 12:00 noon on Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
U.S. Embassy Maseru
The U.S. Embassy Maseru is inviting proposals for re-configuration of its Warehouse space at the Embassy premises; 254 Kingsway Road, Maseru. Please continue to read the following Solicitation Note and Solicitation Details below for further guidance:
- Solicitation Note (PDF 234 KB)
- Solicitation Details (PDF 745 KB)
- Note: Deadline for submissions is 12:00 noon on Friday, August 31, 2018.
- Request for Quotations: Residential Rental Property (PDF 33.7 KB) – Peace Corps-Lesotho is soliciting quotations for a rental residence in Maseru, Lesotho. The residence must be available and ready for occupancy in November 2018. Click the solicitation title link above for minimum specifications and other guidelines.
- Note: Deadline for submissions of quotes at the Peace Corps Lesotho Headquarters in Maseru is 2:00 pm on Friday, August 17, 2018.
- Supply and Installation of Air Conditioners (PDF 45.2 KB) – Peace Corps-Lesotho is looking for a company to supply and install 12 air conditioners at two Peace Corps leased residences and the Peace Corps office. Follow the solicitation title for details.
- Note: This solicitation has been updated to include three additional air conditioner units. All vendors who submit quotes with only nine units (as previously announced) will be given until August 17th to revise their quotations to include the additional three units. The three new units are indicated with **NEW** in the solicitation title link. Deadline for submissions of quotes at the Peace Corps Lesotho Headquarters in Maseru is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
The Lesotho Highlands Water Project (LHWP) is a multi-phased project to provide water to the Gauteng region of South Africa and to generate hydro-electricity for Lesotho. It was established by the 1986 Treaty signed by the governments of the Kingdom of Lesotho and the Republic of South Africa. The project entails harnessing the waters of the Senqu/Orange River in the Lesotho highlands through the construction of a series of dams for the mutual benefit of the two countries. Phase I of the project was completed in 2003 and inaugurated in 2004, and Phase II is currently underway.
Contract opportunities exist with the LHWP Phase II which expected to be completed by 2024.