Location: Moshoeshoe Road, Cathedral Circle, Main South 1, and Thetsane Industrial area
Due to additional reports of protests and unpredictable movement, US Embassy Maseru has decided to go to reduced staff and has permitted liberal leave for Embassy employees. In light of reports that additional protestors plan to re-assert their grievances to the high court on Thursday morning, the Embassy will only be providing emergency services. It is advised to remain vigilant to continued protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Maseru, Lesotho
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Lesotho Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.