USG Alumni are past and present participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs from Lesotho and around the world. On this webpage you will find information about opportunities available to USG Alumni from Lesotho as well as stories from participants of the various exchange programs.
Get on Board: Join the Local Alumni
If you are a citizen of Lesotho who has gone on a U.S. government sponsored exchange program before; be it academic, professional development or a fellowship program, please contact us using the information listed below. We would like to keep in touch with you and have you linked up with other Basotho who travelled to the U.S. at different times and for different programs. Please furnish our Public Diplomacy Section with your most up to date contact details, including your current area or field of work, as well as your physical and email addresses.
254 Kingsway Road Maseru, Lesotho
Tel: +266 22 312 666
American Embassy Maseru
P.O. Box 333
The State Department also has the International Exchange Alumni page. This platform is a great resource for alumni who wish to advance their efforts, their community, and our world. Membership to this exclusive online community grants access to:
- Massive funding (grant) opportunities locally and from Washington, DC, to advance and or develop new ideas;
- Professional development resources;
- Exclusive video webchats with VIPs; and
- 20,000 online magazines and newspapers.
Members can also:
- Network with fellow alumni around the world;
- Recruit fellow alumni for projects and competitions;
- Find the latest research in your field;
- Develop plans for your alumni association, or find an association to join;
- Share your experience with a global audience; and
- Read alumni success stories, perspectives, and ideas
To join the global alumni community, please visit the Department of State’s International Exchange Alumni webpage at: https://alumni.state.gov/ and register. This will enable you to create a full profile and be able to have access to thousands of other members of the greater global alumni network and all the above-mentioned resources and opportunities.