What to do:
- Please notify the nearest Lesotho Police station of the loss/theft.
- Inform the U.S. Embassy Maseru of the loss/theft.
If you decide to apply for a new passport immediately, you may report your lost or stolen passport by completing Form DS-64 (PDF 51 KB) and mailing it to the U.S. Embassy Maseru on ConsularMaseru@state.gov.
To obtain a new passport, you must apply in person at the U.S. Embassy.
You will need to:
- Complete Form DS-11, Application for Passport. Please note that some of the instructions apply only to U.S. citizens residing in the U.S.
- Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Present Proof of Identity
- Provide one Passport Photo (Photos must be 2″x2″ in size with a background that is uniform, plain and white, and free of shadows).
- Pay the Applicable Fee (PDF 104 KB)
- Provide a Social Security Number
- Complete a Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, DS-64
- Present a Lesotho Police Report regarding the passport loss.
- Make an appointment.