Lost or Stolen Passport

What to do:

  • Please notify the nearest Lesotho Police station of the loss/theft.
  • Inform the U.S. Embassy Maseru of the loss/theft.

If you decide to apply for a new passport immediately, you may report your lost or stolen passport by completing Form DS-64 (PDF 51 KB) and mailing it to the U.S. Embassy Maseru on ConsularMaseru@state.gov.

To obtain a new passport, you must apply in person at the U.S. Embassy.

You will need to:

  1. Complete Form DS-11, Application for Passport.  Please note that some of the instructions apply only to U.S. citizens residing in the U.S.
  2. Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship
  3. Present Proof of Identity
  4. Provide one Passport Photo (Photos must be 2″x2″ in size with a background that is uniform, plain and white, and free of shadows).
  5. Pay the Applicable Fee (PDF 104 KB)
  6. Provide a Social Security Number
  7. Complete a Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, DS-64
  8. Present a Lesotho Police Report regarding the passport loss.
  9. Make an appointment.