Event: Holidays in Lesotho provide increased risk for criminal activity. There is a heightened risk of armed robbery, and assault. Travelers to Lesotho are perceived to have gifts or large amounts of cash.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance throughout the holiday season and at holiday events.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Use caution when driving at night and avoid walking after dark.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Keep a low profile.