Immigrant Visas: Fiancé(e) Visa

U.S. Embassy Maseru does not adjudicate petitions relating to immigration, they will be processed at U.S. Consulate Johannesburg.  

Petitioners residing overseas can only file forms I-130,Petitions for Alien Relative, with U.S. Embassies and Consulates where U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has a public counter presence within the Embassy or Consulate.  Petitioners residing overseas in countries where USCIS does not have a public counter presence are required to file their Form I-130 by mail with The USCIS Chicago.

USCIS Chicago Lockbox addresses for regular mail Deliveries:

P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

USCIS Chicago Lockbox address for express mail and Courier deliveries:

Attn: I-130
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floors
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

For additional information about how to file a Form I-130 with the USCIS Chicago lockbox please see the USCIS Website at or contact USCIS by phone at 1-800-375-5283.

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on