Immigrant Visas: Returning Resident Visa

U.S. Embassy Maseru does not adjudicate petitions relating to immigration, they will be processed at U.S. Consulate Johannesburg.  

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United States and resume permanent residence.  You can learn more about Returning Resident Visas on